I got this idea from a Publix Apron's recipe card, but I evolved the meatloaf recipe a little more to my liking. This was so easy and it had a great WOW factor. I think any recipe that has more cheese in it will go over well with my family!
Second of all, my garnishes of ketchup (or technical term: blobby's) are so horrible, I was so low on ketchup it was actually spraying. It tasted great, but looked a little amateurish - not like I'm serving the Iron Chef judges everynight, but it's the little things in my life. Enjoy!
Recipe: Cheese-Stuffed Meatloaves
- 2 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon worcheshire sauce
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 1 1/4 lb lean ground turkey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 4 sticks string mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Coat baking sheet with cooking spray. Combine all ingredients in mixing bowl except string cheese. Mix well.
- Divide into four portions; shape around each string cheese, covering cheese completely. Seal tightly so hot cheese will stay inside; place on baking sheet. Top with additional squirts of ketchup. Bake 20-25 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Easy Cooking | Simple Cooking