I got this recipe out of the Southern Living 2007 Annual Recipes book from the library and shockingly I didn't vary (too much :) from the written recipe! Enjoy!
Recipe: Chicken 'n' Spinach Pasta Bake
- 8 ounces uncooked rigatoni or your favorite pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onions about 1 medium
- 1 10-ounce package frozen chopped spinach thawed
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breasts
- 1 14.5 ounce can italian style cut tomatoes
- 1 8-ounce container chive and onion cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, saute onion in olive oil in pan until translucent.
- Transfer onion to a large bowl and set aside.
- Drain chopped spinach well, pressing between layers of towel.
- Stir pasta, spinach, chicken and tomatoes, cream cheese and salt and pepper into onion in bowl.
- Spoon mixture into baking dish or 11 x 17 pan, and sprinkle evenly with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake, covered at 375 degrees for 30 minutes uncover and bake 15 more minutes or until bubbly.
Number of servings (yield): 6
Meal type: dinner
Easy Cooking | Simple Cooking