I love my slow cooker, and will try almost any new recipe I see. After seeing this at Lynn's Kitchen Adventures, I was initially intrigued because it was a side dish recipe that I could throw together, turn on, and forget about, and it didn't use any grocery store run ingredients.
My husband and I truly enjoyed this! I could see this being a great pantry/frig raid recipe, as I seem to always have some slowly wilting carrots hiding in the bottom of my crisper! There were not any leftovers!
Recipe: Slow Cooked Balsamic Glazed Carrots
Summary: recipe adapted from Lynn's Kitchen Adventures
- 1 pound baby carrots (you could also use regular carrots that have been peeled and cut into chunks)
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- Combine all ingredients and place in a slow cooker.
- Turn on low and cook for 3-4 hours. (The cooking time will very depending on how you like your carrots cooked)
Simple Cooking | Easy Cooking